Saturday, April 6, 2013

Smoky Mountain Quilt Show / Rising Sun Quiltfest


Rod and I traveled to Maryville, Tennessee to attend the Smoky Mountain Quilt Show.  I had entered "Emiline" and was excited to see I got a first place. There were some very awesome quilts including the Best of Show by Linda Roy.  I got a chance to meet Linda and share some of my bed photos with her and the other guild members.  The guild would like me to come to Tennessee and do a trunk show, but I'm still thinking that over.  

jeanlester@comcast.net
quiltsalive@aol.com - Merikay Waldvogel
bookldy@bellsouth.net - Laura Ziock - contact for trunk show
tellico village quilters - Loudon, TN -- Terri Ayers

Meanwhile, I had also entered "Solitaire" in the Rising Sun Quiltfest in Indiana.  I was finally able to see the results online and what a surprise!
"Solitaire" got BEST OF SHOW!!!

2013 Contest Winners 

March 26th, 2013 Posted 1:45 pm

Best in Show

“Solitaire” by Pat Kuhns, Lincoln, NE


We had a chance to stop at the few antique shops and I found a great 4-poster bed.  I can't wait to make a quilt for it.

Also, stopped at Homestead Hearth in Mexico, Missouri.  I love this shop.
They were also interested in a trunk show.

Delane Becker - 573-721-0780
  

No comments:

Post a Comment